Monday, October 1, 2007

Children's Games

Let me teach you a game that the children play here. It's really easy, but I am not entirely sure how much fun it actually is.
Okay. The name of the game is "Watch Megan Work."
All you have to do is sit down (or stand up) in relative proximity to me. Make sure that I am deep in the middle of a project, or trying to clean/organize my living space.
Next: watch.
While you watch, you can giggle and talk to your friends, but that is entirely optional. There is no actual point, it's all about style.

This game can be played with 1 to 15 people. Actually, I'm sure it can be more (and I am sure I will find out soon,) but 15 was the maximum number of players I had playing today. The average game lasts about 15 - 20 minutes. Although, I had a record breaker today with one child watching me for at least an hour.

So here, they watch me. But when you play at home the ideal situation would be to find someone that sticks out like a sore thumb, and then wait for them to start working. Once they start working, find your spot and just watch. That's all you have to do!

5 comments:

Roger said...

New game? Don't think so. You kids have been watching mom and I work for years. Sometimes I even watch mom work. Very relaxing to know that something is getting done, somewhere. Cheers.

Roger said...

By the way, I read Sarah's blog and enjoyed pics and info. Does Erin also have a site?

reinap said...

you have a gift for writing. i swear i can SEE everything you write. it sounds like you are having an amazing time. that makes me smile. :)

Megan said...

Aw Reina :) It is so great to hear from you! It makes me smile when you smile, so I am smiling! I hope all's well in Reina-world. Give Kaden a hug for me.

And dad, really- come on now. Sure, I would check out and see what you guys were doing. Maybe if you were doing something interesting, I'd stick around for a minute or two to figure it out a little bit ... but I never made a sport out of it. By the way, this game is being played right now, as I reply to you. That's right, there are two teenage boys right beside me. However, they've tuned out a little bit and aren't really watching me anymore- but the flies on my wall. Nice kids, but eish.

You can get a look at all of the peace corps volunteers' blogs at
http://www.peacecorpsjournals.com/sf.html

Erin's (my best friend here) is
http://senderinmail.blogspot.com/

Be sure to leave her comments!

texasuncle said...

They pay a lot of no talents in Hollywood big money to attract the kind of audience you get for nothing. Something not fair about all that. Glad to see you making the best of a spartan life. Keep smiling.