Saturday, October 27, 2007

Banyana Banyana

So last week, I had my first practice with my new girls soccer team at my primary school.
Here they are:


They are going to be KILLER!!!!!
Who they'll destroy ... I have no idea. There probably isn't another girls team around for miles and miles. But perhaps I will start one up at my other school, too. Then no matter who wins, I win!

As a result of never ever playing organized soccer and probably only touching the ball a few times, they're a bit lacking in skill. What they lack in skill, however, they make up for in BRUTALITY!!!!!! (I mean that in a good way, of course.)
These girls. I have never seen little girls go into tackles like these ones. It's really exciting.
At the first practice, we had a pretty large audience of students from the school. There were over a hundred kids out there watching the practice- cheering them on from the sidelines. I was smiling the entire practice.
There was a slightly smaller crowd this time, but it was still pretty substantial. About the equivalent of some of my college games ... I haven't really decided how I feel about that.

Anyway. They have a lot of potential, and it is obvious that they want to be there and work hard. I was late to practice this week and the girls were already out there warming up. It was only the second practice and they're already on top of it!


On a totally unrelated note, there are probably 20+ flies flying around my room right now. It's driving my a little bit crazy. I'm thinking it's time to break out the DOOM Super (the slightly faster killing, slightly more humane line of DOOM.)


I guess I'll close this up with an action shot from this week:










Oh and as a final thought- if anyone reading this happens to have any extra soccer balls, pennies, cones, etc. that they're willing to part with, I think my girls and I would be more than happy to take them off of your hands ...

5 comments:

Mom said...

Hey could not see action picture. Loved the team picture. How did you pick the team members? With all those kids WOW!

Soya said...

use this link:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/meganclash/South%20Africa/SA047.jpg

There was an extra break tag in the code.

sccjudy said...

Megan, hello from florida. Finally, with the help of your dad, been able to catch up to you. Awesome, what you are doing there. Love your observation style, look on life. Still not sure how all of this 'blog' stuff works, so excuse my goofs. Keep well, Aunt Judy.

sccjudy said...

Megan, thinking of you and hoping you are well. peace! a.judy.

texasuncle said...

Hey gal. I've been remiss in keeping up with you but you know how busy us old retired folks can get. I have no doubt that before long you will have built that rag tag soccer team into a national championship enterprise. Keep up the good work; we're proud of you.