Saturday, September 22, 2007

Welp!

Dumelang! (Greetings, in Setswana.) I'm all up in this piece! (That means "I am here, doing this thing," in kind-of English.)
My computer's hooked up to dial-up now via my cellphone, I have a mini-fridge (OMG!), kitchen area, LIGHT(!!!) and I am just waiting for my bed and wardrobe. I feel like I am at home now! I am not sure if I am living what might be called "Peace Corps Lite," but I have a feeling that I am going to have more than enough other challenges facing me that will make up for my awesome living situation. Heh. :/

I really love my new host family, but I have not spent a whole lot of time with them just yet. I want to establish myself as a bit of a hermit. Okay, that is not intentional, it is just happening this way. I JUST LIKE TO BE ALONE SOMETIMES, OKAY. I haven't gotten to be alone for a day in forever. I love being alone. I just hope that my need to be alone doesn't interfere with my integration into the community.

Oh, by the way ... I am no longer "Tshegofatso" which means "gift" or "grace." I am now "Lorato," which means "love." My principals decided that they wanted to give me a new African name, which is fine. I am hoping that I will lose a little bit of the weight I gained that came along with having the nickname "Fatso." Although, I'm not going to lie, the nickname Fatso is really still very funny to me. Hehe, Fatso.

No comments: